As you can see I had removed the huge cupboard above the tub and the mirror tiles on the wall.
James announced he was going pottie.
He headed up the stairs, walked in and backed out.
"Daddy can I use your bathroom? Mine is nasty"
Dave and I go and look at what could have happened in the bathroom to make it nasty.
I asked Dave what could possible be Nasty about the bathroom.
James from our bathroom "It's nasty, it's yellow" apparently he didn't like the look of the walls.
I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time.
On to the title of the post.
So we have all been told to prepare for an emergency, have 72 hours worth of food and water, 3 or more months of food storage. So I have bottles of water, old bleach bottles, juice bottles, and soda bottles full of water.
Who knew the emergency would happen at 10:00 last night. I was filling the sink with hot water. I have a pull out faucet. I hear this loud pop and water stops coming out of the faucet. I turn the water off and pull out the faucet. The hose has a habit of coming unscrewed and pulling off. Only when I pulled the faucet out the hose was still attached. I kept pulling, what do I find, a huge tear in the hose. It had burst.
So after cleaning up all the water under the sink and looking on the Internet, we find we can not go to the local hardware store and buy another hose. It will take 3 days to have one shipped. So we have been with out running water in the kitchen.
So what does this have to do with water storage? I have been using my water to rinse dishes, wash hands, and run the disposal. So store water, you never know when you will need it.
1 comment:
That totally stinks love those parts that aren't readily available. Are you guys getting together for a playgroup this week I was going to try to make it last week and just couldn't get out the door. Email me and let me know if you are.
Post a Comment