Mom has a desire to make each of her children a quilt for graduating college.
So it was my turn. (yes I have been out of college for 14 years but she was busy, being a mom and grandma and working full time.)
So here it is, the thing is huge. But we got it done. I love it and can't wait for her to bring it next month so it can be on my bed.
Here are my three nieces doing a row. They did an amazing job.
Here is the whole quilt and the inside of the new garage. The garage was the only place big enough to hold the quilt. There are 121 squares. The boards the quilt is on are 12 feet long. The Boys were helping dad put the OSB on one night and dad had to leave early. So the Boys finished up and then cut the designs in the windows. Dad got a kick out of it. (The Boys being my Brothers and Brother in Law)
This is a block Courtney helped on. The younger girls all stitched on a block but we had to pull it out. So I let Courtney help on this one and kept a close eye on her so we would not have to pull it out.
My mom quilting. We did it with crochet thread.
My poor fingers were so ready for this quilt to be done. My sister who helped ended up with a blister on her finger. And my younger sister has picked out her quilt, and after seeing how big mine is wants one just as big. My mom just rolled her eyes and said okay but you have to come spend 8 days here next summer quilting it.
1 comment:
Wow, what a beautiful quilt! I can't even imagine how much time and effort it would take to make something like that. I'm sure it's something you'll treasure forever. :)
Post a Comment