
I do not eat very much red meat. Never have, I can eat a couple bites of a stake, a hamburger as long as the pattie isn't very thick.
But once a month I get major cravings for red meat. I can eat, over the coarse of 3 to 4 days, 2 pounds of meat. I can down a whole 8 oz steak or a double bacon cheese burger in one setting.
It amazed Dave the first time I did this. Dave had been gone all day and hadn't eaten anything, so we went for a walk to Apollo Burger. Dave ordered a double bacon cheese burger meal. He eats the fries first, he loves the fries there. Meanwhile, (I had already eaten dinner), I ate half his burger. He just stared at me. " you said you wanted a bite, Not the whole thing, You don't eat meat."
So over the next couple of days I craved hamburgers, so Dave would go with me and we would eat a hamburger.
Fast forward 5-7 days and my period starts with no warning, no tiredness, no cramping. It was wonderful.
So the next month we tried it again. Same thing wonderful periods.
I skipped eating one month, the craving wasn't very strong and I just never went to get a hamburger. (I have given up on trying to make home made hamburgers they suck.)
Worse period I had had in 4 months. I was wasted, and cramped for 2 days. It sucked.
So My sister explained it to me when I told her about it. (I just hadn't thought about it.) I am anemic, have been all my life. Red meat is full of iron. Obviously, the lack of iron was causing problems during my periods.
If you put a Double bacon cheese burger in front of me right now I could probably eat 2 bites before it got to be to much for me.
It's quite funny.
2 comments:
If you are craving a good burger you have to try this new place across from the university mall called smash burger. It is so delicious. I even ate the whole burger. I think I am a little anemic as well. My iron gets super low when I am pregnant too. It is weird being a woman, huh?
I totally understand. I've taken iron pills, but it's just not the same as a yummy hamburger.
Post a Comment